Cork County Council has opened the application process for Beach Lifeguard positions for the 2016 season!
You can download the relevant application and Garda vetting forms at this link to their website!
Details of the post include:
- The post is temporary and pensionable.
- Hours of Duty
Beach Lifeguards must be on duty from 10.30 a.m. to 7.00 p.m. with a half hour off for lunch daily – 5½ days each week. In an area where two Beach Lifeguards are employed, days off are to be operated on a rotational basis, but may not include Saturday, Sunday, Bank or Church Holidays.
Senior Beach Guard: €647.11 gross per week
Beach Guard: €558.60 gross per week
- Season Duty 2016 comprises of the following:
• Each weekend (Saturday & Sunday) in June commencing on Saturday, 4th June 2016 (June Bank Holiday Weekend, including the Bank Holiday Monday, 6th June, 2016)
• Full-time work commencing on Monday, 4th July, 2016 until Sunday, 28th August 2016, both dates inclusive.
- Accommodation arrangements must be made by the individual Beach Lifeguard and please note the Council will not provide same at any location. Camping by Beach Lifeguards is prohibited at the Beach and surrounding area.
- Time Off:
Time off outside of normal rostered time off will not be granted to beach lifeguards unless the request is for exceptional, extraordinary reasons, and is submitted in writing for approval (by post or email) at least 2 weeks in advance, or is force majeure (as defined in Parental Leave Act 1998).
You will be required to attend an Induction Training Day, Manual Handling and Child Safeguarding Training.
Good luck to everyone!