Aim: To ensure that the candidate has the necessary skills to successfully operate an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and improve their BLS skills with an understanding of the logic behind it.
Theory Level: Moderate
Skill Level: High
Validity: 2 years
- All skills and knowledge in BLS1.
- Demonstrate safe and appropriate practice when using an AED in line with PHECC CFR DVD and Manual.
- Basic understanding of ventricular fibrillation.
- Principles of defibrillation
- What makes a victim suitable/unsuitable for defibrillation?
- Maintenance requirements of AEDs
- Appropriate record keeping relating to the use of AEDs
- Patient report form filling
Note: Training MANIKIN and AEDs should be used.