Aim: To ensure that candidates have the necessary skills to administrate Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) efficiently in order to sustain life.
Theory Level: Low
Skill Level: High
Validity: 2 years
- Answer questions on the respiratory system, including the function of the airways, lungs, and muscles involved in respiration.
- Have knowledge of the composition of inhaled and exhaled air, blood and circulation.
- Administer mouth to mouth and mouth to nose resuscitation.
- Be able to demonstrate effective skills to administer one operator, cardio pulmonary resuscitation.
- Demonstrate turning of a victim from prone (face-down) to supine (face-up).
- Demonstrate effective skills to treat for victim vomiting.
- Aftercare including recovery position.
- Answer questions on any aspect of Basic Life Support theory.
Note: Training MANIKIN should be used.