After a busy summer of training Cork Teams Reaped the rewards with an outstanding medal haul from both National and International Competitions.
Below is a list of this seasons accomplishments
- Cork Nippers won Munster and All-Ireland Finals for the first time
- Cork Masters Won All-Ireland Title
Three Cork athletes on Irish Teams
- Alex McLoughlin (Senior Beach Guard on Owenhincha this summer) from Clonakilty on Irish Senior Mens Team
- Ciara Sexton (Beach Guard on Inchydoney this summer) from Fermoy (competes for Clare) on Irish Senior Ladies Team
- Brodie Edmead on Irish Youth Team (won a Bronze Medal in Sprint Relay at World Championships) and also came in fourth in the World in her Surf Swim behind two Aussies and a South African (best in Europe!!)
- Eleven Masters compete for Cork At World Championships with top ten finishes in the World in many events!!
- Eight Youths competed for Cork at the Interclub World Championships against ninety nine other clubs
- Mixed team of Alan Butler, Alannah Crowley (captain), Bebhinn Crowley and Erika McCarthy finish 14th overall in SERC (Simulated Emergency Response Competition) - all of these competitors are Assistant Instructors teaching water safety in Clonakilty & Dunmanway over the winter months.
- Alannah Crowley (Beach Guard on the Warren this summer) wins a Gold World Championship medal in Sprint Relay with Denise Bolger, Lisa Bolger and Georgina Steel from Wexford Surf Life Saving.
- Alan Butler and Caimin Crowley win Bronze World Championship Medals in Rope Throw Final in a time of 12.77 seconds. Alan previously won Silver in this event in the All Ireland Final in February.
- Taplin Relay Team of Nancy (Swim), Alannah (Board), Bebhinn (Ski) and Erika Sprint get to Final of this event in World Championships.
Well done to all involved with such a great year and hope 2015 is even better year